I have spent the last couple of days at the Unicom seminar, Web 2.0: Practical Applications for Business Benefit, hosted by Dave Gurteen. As usual, I have notes from the sessions up on Strange Attractor:
- Euan Semple – Opening Keynote: What’s Social Got To Do With Work Anyway?
- Ron Donaldson – The Ecology of Web 2.0
- Luis Suarez – Thinking Out of the Inbox – The changing nature of collaboration
- Penny Edwards – Social Software Applied: in legal and professional services organizations
- Judith Lewis – Online Brand Reputation Management
- Leisa Reichelt – Twitter’s Not A Waste Of Time (in defence of status updates)
- John Meakin – Secure Web 2.0, an opportunity not an oxymoron
- Cathy Ma – Key learning from Wikipedia for business
- Suw Charman-Anderson – The Email Problem and How To Solve it
- Dominic Campbell – Rewiring Relationships: Cyber Citizens and Collaborative Councils
- Marshall Manson – Engaging Social Networks
- Chris Vallance – Radio Beyond the Phone-in: Social media and broadcasting
- Andrew Woolfson – Social Media and its Use: The challenge
Had a great couple of days and met some really lovely people. David’s conferences are always interesting, and I particularly enjoyed the talks by Ron Donaldson, Luis Suarez and Dominic Campbell. Would recommend those ones if you’ve limited time to read through talk notes!